Jab Hook's Predictions for StageWorks, Shreveport, Louisiana, January 11th, 2019 (Showtime): Frank Sanchez Faure 10(8)-0 vs. Willie “The Snake” Jake Jr. 8(2)-1(1)-1 in a 10 round heavyweight prizefight.
Willie “The Snake” is a local Indianapolis boxer, a slick southpaw that lacks power. He is the guy chosen to be the “opponent” in this match up, that much is clear. Even though he started his pro career on his 32nd birthday, folks in Indy are very proud of him.
Frank Sanchez Faure is a Cuban born and trained boxer. Fighting out of Las Vegas and debuting in 2017, Sanchez Faure fought TEN bouts in 2018. This guy is hungry and smart. Rangy and athletic, Sanchez likes to employ his long jab frequently, as Cubans do. Excellent basics and quick hands, allow him to have choices as he boxes.
Jab Hook's keys to victory:
- Use size and reach to dictate the distance.
- Establish the jab, circle right, float and sting like a bee.
- Chin down, hands up as you measure and time “The Snake”.
- Simple 1-2 a few times, then the straight hard left.
- Overpower him after a few rounds
Willie “The Snake”–
- Keep your right foot outside, feint and jab endlessly.
- You may be quicker, so touch him as often as possible.
- Lead with the left in the first 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds of every round, full power!
- Try to break his rhythm and clinch whenever you want.
- Run if you must, survive if you can.
Let's be clear on this, neither of these guys is anybody, yet. So who is more of a nobody may be the ultimate question. Neither of them have been past 6 rounds. Both of them urgently need an impressive KO win to move forward. Jab hopes this will not be a sloppy affair.
Jab Hook is sure that Sanchez will get the job done, but will we be impressed? Yes, the end will be dramatic as a KO win stops “The Snake” in his tracks.
Check NYFights.com this weekend for Jab Hook's Epilogue StageWorks, Shreveport, Louisiana
“Jab Hook”, aka “Brooklyn” Joe Healy is a boxing expert commentator for DAZN.de, a professional cutman from the BOXWERK gym, and a licensed referee/judge in amateur boxing. A lifelong aficionado born in Brooklyn and living in Munich, “The Sweet Science” is his passion. Please feel free to contact him as Jab Hook on FaceBook, atAficionadoKO@gmail.com, or on Twitter https://twitter.com/BoxAficionado