Connect with us

Worldwide

Promoter De La Hoya Says Lawsuit Assertions Are “Completely False”

Published

on

Promoter De La Hoya Says Lawsuit Assertions Are “Completely False”

Hall of Fame fighter and current big-shot promoter Oscar De La Hoya is in the news, because a suit is in play which contains spicy allegations against the 46 year old California resident.

TMZ reported that a woman referred to in court filings as “Jane Doe” told authorities she and Oscar had a consensual relationship, which included sexual relations. She shared that in November 2017, during a session which included the presence of various intoxicants, she suffered bodily and mental injury because of an undesired act was performed upon her.

De La Hoya released on Tuesday morning a release in which he declares his innocent. In the statement, another suit is referred to. That has to do with a contention made by hype-man/radio host Tattoo, who is alleging that De La Hoya caused him duress by asking him to do personal favors for him.

STATEMENT FROM GOLDEN BOY REGARDING RECENT LAWSUIT
 
LOS ANGELES, CA. (Oct. 22 2019): A frivolous lawsuit was filed recently alleging that Oscar De La Hoya sexually assaulted ‘Jane Doe,' which is completely false. Oscar is a very successful businessman, running one of the country's leading sports and entertainment companies – thus a prime target. It is worth noting that both recent lawsuits have been filed by the same attorney who is looking to make a name for himself. We vehemently deny these allegations and look forward to vigorously defending Oscar's good name and reputation.

Editor/publisher Michael Woods got addicted to boxing in 1990, when Buster Douglas shocked the world with his demolition of the thought to be impregnable Mike Tyson. The Brooklyn-based journalist Woods has covered the sport since then, for ESPN The Magazine, ESPN.com, ESPN New York, RING, and he was editor of TheSweetScience.com from 2007-2015. Woods is also an accomplished blow by blow and color man, having done work for Top Rank, DiBella Entertainment, EPIX, and for Facebook Fightnight Live since 2017. He now does work for PROBOX TV, the first truly global boxing network.