FIGHTNIGHT LIVE CELEBRATES 40TH FRANCHISE SHOW IN ATLANTIC CITY ON SATURDAY
World-rated junior middleweight Thomas LaManna, WBO Youth Champ Nikita Miroshnichenko headline weekend card on fan-friendly, FREE Facebook platform.
NEW YORK (July 17, 2019) – Headed toward eight million series views, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast takes a mid-summer trip down to the Jersey Shore on Saturday, July 20, to highlight world-rated junior middleweight Thomas LaManna, WBO Youth Champion Nikita Miroshnichenko and other Rising Stars.
Beginning at 7 p.m. E.T. from the new Carousel Room at The Showboat in Atlantic City, the fan-friendly, FREE Facebook platform will feature a seven-bout card as the series celebrates its 40th live show.
“It’s hard to believe that we’ve reached our 40th FIGHTNIGHT LIVE, but there’s no place we’d rather celebrate than on the Boardwalk in the Historic Fight Capital of Atlantic City,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “The LaManna Family is part of our family – they’ve kept Atlantic City boxing alive during a lean period and we’re pleased to be able to showcase Thomas ‘Cornflake’ LaManna’s next test as he continues down a path toward bigger things. We met Nikita Miroshnichenko when he first started training at Gleason’s in Brooklyn. The young champ is one of six undefeated warriors on the card, and shining a light on the skills of up-and-comers has been what we’re all about since our series began.”
The 27 year-old LaManna (27-2-1, 9 KOs) of Millville, N.J., is ranked No. 12 by the WBA and No. 13 by the WBO. The former New Jersey State and WBC Fecarbox Welterweight Champion faces the hard-hitting Carlos Garcia Hernandez (15-21-1, 12 KOs) of Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico, who owns big wins over undefeated Jeffrey Acevedo (8-0), Manny Woods (13-3-1), a first-round stoppage over contender Patrick Day (11-1-1) and a second-round stoppage over undefeated Travis Castellon (16-0-1). Hernandez has faced a staggering 17 undefeated opponents, including world champions Jermell and Jermall Charlo plus world title challenger Yordenis Ugas.
“I’m just happy to be in the ring after a long eight months of let-downs. I never look at an opponent’s record and write it off,” said LaManna, whose eight-round junior middleweight main event marks his 21st contest in Atlantic City and the third time he headlines at The Showboat. “Carlos is a very tough fighter who’s scored some major upsets in the past, but I feel my experience and the level I’m on mentally will win the fight.”
Miroshnichenko (10-0, 3 KOs), originally from Novosibirsk, Russia, leads a crop of undefeated prospects into the ring on Saturday; a group which includes Ry’Shine Collins (2-0, 2 KOs) and Josue Rosa (2-0, 2 KOs) of Philadelphia, Zach Dubnoff (2-0, 2 KOs) of Little Falls, N.J., heavyweight punisher Sahret Delgado (7-0, 7 KOs) of Puerto Rico and Robert Terry (3-0) of Jersey City.
Now in its second season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 635 fighters and 19 promotions during 39 live event broadcasts from 21 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
- Since May 2017, the numbers on the 39-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series have shown promise and potential for the new platform with an average of 187,236 views per event and more than 7.3 million total views for the franchise. Since Sept. 2018, 22 FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II shows have reached almost 5.9 million fans and have averaged more than 267,000 views.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the June 2019 “CES Comeback at Foxwoods” (428,887), the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662), the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886), the Oct. 2018 “Hard Hitting Philly Special” (297,545), the May 2019 “Murphys Open MGM Springfield” (296,078), the Oct. 2018 hour-long Bareknuckle “Freeview” (292,253), the Nov. 2018 “Titans In The Capital” (256,871) and the March 2019 Murphys Boxing “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” (252,065) all logged 250,000 or more views, and collectively the 39-show series has seen a total of more than 7,302,202 views across all devices.
- In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen more than 470,000 collective live post engagements (more than 12,000 per show), including more than 360,000 “likes” or “loves,” almost 65,000 comments and more than 21,000 shares.
- The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views. The Sept. 2017 DiBella card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
- The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has almost 90,000 fans and more than 99,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
Additional FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Summer 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE is available online at: https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and@FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEvents or #LinacreMediaOnTV.
About Everlast Worldwide Inc.
The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer and licensor of boxing, MMA and fitness equipment. From legendary champions Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson to current superstars Deontay Wilder and Dustin Poirier, Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes. Built on a brand heritage of strength, dedication, individuality and authenticity, Everlast is a necessary part of the lives of countless champions. Based in Manhattan, Everlast’s products are sold across more than 75 countries and 6 continents. For more information, visit www.everlast.com.