Worldwide

Tyson Fury Does Not Publicly Embrace Wilders’ Plan For Wilder-Fury 2 In Early 2020

on

Hold on there, Deontay Wilder, I have a fight to deal with…and that has to play out, because who knows, maybe I get knocked out!

That was Tyson Fury‘s take in talking to Rich Eisen, when the host asked about that “press release” put out by the WBC champ, which stated that he and Fury would be facing off again, in early 2020.

For real, asked Eisen?

“I live for today,” Fury said.

He could wake up tomorrow and be back in ultra depressed mode, he communicated. “I could get knocked out in that one,” he said, referring to his fight June 15 against Tom Schwarz.

Let me deal with Schwartz, let me maybe fight again in December, was his take. Then, he told Eisen, he’d be more inclined to talk more specifically about a sequel against Wilder.

My three cents: OK, I admit, now I’m a bit puzzled. Did Wilder not get all the Ts crossed before he announced that him and Fury would be getting it on again? Or, as pundits and punters seem to think, Fury is just keeping cards close to his chest…and that rematch is signed, maybe tightly locked in…but Fury just doesn’t want to put carts before horses.

Comments

comments

About Michael Woods

Editor/publisher Michael Woods became addicted to boxing in 1990, when Buster Douglas shocked the world with his demolition of the fearsome Mike Tyson. The Brooklyn-based journalist Woods has covered the sport since then, for ESPN The Magazine, ESPN.com, ESPN New York, RING, and he was editor of TheSweetScience.com from 2007-2015. Woods is also an accomplished blow by blow and color man, having done work for Top Rank, DiBella Entertainment, EPIX, and numerous other organizations.

    Recommended for you