1. Jack was born in Sweden to a Swedish mother and Gambian father. He has
six siblings — two older sisters, two younger sisters and two younger brothers.
2. He started boxing on his own curiosity and has already gotten some of his
younger siblings interested in training. Professional boxing was banned in Sweden from 1969 through 2007
3. Began boxing in 2000 and took quickly to the sport before starting his
international amateur career.
4. Qualified for the 2008 Olympics for Gambia. He remains the only boxer to
ever represent the country in the Olympics and was the flag-bearer and one of three athletes to represent Gambia at the Beijing games.
5. Jack is the first Swedish-born man to hold a boxing world title since
Armand Krajnc held a middleweight title in 2001. The only other Swedish-born world champion was Ingemar Johansson, who famously won the heavyweight world title by knocking Floyd Patterson down seven times in one round on his way to a stoppage in 1959.
6. Came to the U.S. to pursue boxing after the Olympics and first began
training at Gleason's Gym in Brooklyn.
7. Was discovered by former heavyweight world champion Shannon Briggs
and he temporarily moved to Miami to work with Briggs. He maintains a close relationship with Briggs today.
8. After moving to Las Vegas, Jack met Floyd Mayweather in 2012 while
sparring Andre Dirrell and eventually signed with Mayweather Promotions.
9. After winning his world title in 2015, he was a finalist for the Swedish
Athlete of the Year.
10. He traveled to Gambia earlier this year and last year, along with Ishe Smith,
to deliver training equipment and other donations to the country.