Los Angeles, CA (March 11, 2022), Triller announced its Trillerverz 5, ‘Lineage of Greatness’ event, a family affair featuring iconic matchups of legendary boxing families, presented by Triller Fight Club followed by a to be announced Verzuz battle. The event will occur at the Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, May 14, 2022, and be streamed live on FITE worldwide via PPV or the TrillerVerz Subscription on FITE. It will also be available on all major cable and satellite via iNDemand and commercial locations from Joe Hand Promotions.
“The viewership of each of the individual TrillerVerz events would have filled up every football,
baseball and basketball arena in the United States at the same time, and that's something we're incredibly proud of,” said Mahi de Silva, CEO of Triller. “We love nothing more than shattering creative ceilings and bringing new epic programming with something for every viewer while breaking viewership records. Whether it's Jake Paul knocking out an NBA star with Snoop smoking in the background; or Lox and Dipset bringing it to the largest crowd in the history of Madison Square Garden, we will always push it to the next level. One thing we can promise is to expect the unexpected,” added de Silva.
Below is a chart detailing the TRILLERVERZ events as they relate to the average viewership of other top network shows over the last twelve months:
The extraordinary numbers for a new industry venture truly validate the quick success of TRILLERVERZ, created and overseen by world-renowned producers SWIZZ BEATZ and TIMBALAND and produced by TRILLER FIGHT CLUB, the internationally acclaimed company known for pairing world-class boxing and iconic music legends.
Mega visionary Nigel Lythgoe, creator of American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance
who remains the producer behind the event said, “Triller is blending artforms, visions, and audiences. Much like we did with Idol, or So You Think You Can Dance, we are merging the world of combat sports and music while keeping in mind that the younger generation is used to a fast-paced, highly visual, and ever mobile world of content. By applying the production of high-quality perspectives of television shots and lighting them like a movie, we deliver a product like no other,” added Lythgoe.
The full Fight Club card includes:
- SERGEY KOVALEV VS. TERVEL PULEV (10 Rounds / Cruiserweight)
- Kovalev last fought evenly with the current #1 Pound-for-Pound Fighter in the World, ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, before getting stopped in the 11th round. His illustrious career includes victories over Bernard Hopkins, Eleider Alvarez (twice), Jean-Pascal (twice), and Isaac Chilemba. He also holds two highly controversial losses to Andre Ward.
- The heavy-handed Pulev, the 2012 Bronze Medalist at the Olympic Games, the younger brother of two-time heavyweight world title challenger Kubrat Pulev, returns to the ring following a knockout victory of Vikapita Meroro on July 29, 2021. He is currently the holder of the WBA International Cruiserweight Title.
- KUBRAT PULEV VS. ANDREY FEDOSOV
- Kubrat ‘The Cobra’ Pulev (28-2, 14 KOs) will clash with Andrey Fedosov (32-3, 26 KOs) over ten scheduled heavyweight rounds. Pulev is returning to action after a first-round knockout of Frank Mir on November 27, 2021, at the first-ever Triad Combat Event in Arlington, TX. Pulev has defeated numerous heavyweight boxing contenders, including Samuel Peter, Hughie Fury, Dereck Chisora, Tony Thompson, Alexsandr Ustinov, and Alexander Dimitrenko. His only losses have come to Heavyweight World Champions, Wladimir Klitschko and Anthony Joshua.
- From Hollywood, FL, the heavy-handed Fedosov is coming off a show-stopping first-round knockout of Mahammadrasul Majidov on April 17, 2021. It was Fedosov’s eighth victory in a row, seventh by knockout.
- SON OF THE LEGEND EVAN HOLYFIELD VS. OPPONENT TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Also featured on the undercard, Son of a Legend, Evan ‘Yung Holy’ Holyfield (9-0, 6 KOs), will compete in a scheduled six-rounder in the junior middleweight division. He is the son of Three-Time Heavyweight World Champion Evander ‘The Real Deal’ Holyfield.
- FERNANDO ‘EL FEROZ’ VARGAS JR., AMADO ‘EL MALVADO’ VARGAS, AND THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED PRO DEBUT OF EMILIANO VARGAS
- Rounding out the card, The Fernando Vargas Dynasty continues with the highly anticipated professional debut of Seven-Time Amateur Champion, lightweight Emiliano ‘El General’ Vargas. He will be joining his highly regarded and undefeated brothers on the card at the star-making venue, junior middleweight Fernando ‘El Feroz’ Vargas, Jr. (5-0, 5 KOs) and Amado ‘El Malvado’ Vargas (3-0, 2 KOs), competing in the featherweight division. They are the sons of three-time junior middleweight world champion Fernando ‘El Feroz’ Vargas. All three bouts will take place over four rounds.
Launched less than two years ago, Triller Fight Club has already sold over 3,000,000 Pay-Per-Views in the past year, making it one of the top-selling combat sports/entertainment platforms. TrillerVerz's widely acclaimed monthly series, including world-class professional boxing and musical Verzuz battles, has consistently been at the top of watched broadcasts averaging over 6,000,000 views.
In December 2021, Triller entered into a definitive merger agreement with SeaChange International, Inc. (NASDAQ: SEAC), in a transaction that would result in the combined company being named TrillerVerz Corp., and its common stock will be listed on Nasdaq, subject to completion of the conditions listed in the S4, which was filed recently by SeaChange (NASD: SEAC).
Trillerverz 5 signals Triller’s continued commitment to its legacy of innovation by recognizing the “Lineage of Greatness,” a one-time, iconic, cultural experience that showcases world-class fighters and global hip hop legends in an epic Verzuz rap battle. Trillerverz 5 carries its legacy into this unique event, streamed globally for fans of a new form of entertainment. Trillerverz 5 opens doors and answers questions for those in the ring, on the stage, in the arena, and everyone watching all over the world on their TVs and devices. Fans of what's new, now and next, make sure you get your tickets to attend or order the PPV now to make sure you don’t miss a second of this amazing collision of art and action.
This Triller Fight Club PPV event, priced at $29.99, will be carried in North America across all traditional PPV TV platforms, including cable, satellite & telco TV PPV providers, including Xfinity, Spectrum, Contour, Fios, and Optimum (U.S.), among others, as well as leading operators in Canada. It will also be offered to commercial outlets via Joe Hand Promotions and globally via digital streaming to all major outlets as listed below.
**HOW TO WATCH THE May 14th event via Worldwide Streaming **
Digitally broadcast via FITE and all FITE mobile, Smart TV, IPTV, game controller, and OTT apps as well as the event microsite hub: TrillerFightClub.com
Commercial outlets can order through Joe Hand Promotions at 1-800-557-4263 or through their website atorders.joehandpromotions.com.
Follow Triller Fight Club on social media:
Instagram: @Triller, @TrillerFightClub
Twitter: @Triller, @TrillerFight