NEW YORK (Oct. 23, 2019) – Officially launching its third season and now at more than 8.2 million views, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast heads back to “The Fighting City of Philadelphia” on Friday, Oct. 25, for a ten-bout Kings Boxing card, live from 2300 Arena.
The interactive, FREE Facebook series recently announced five upcoming fight dates before the calendar turns to 2020 – it all begins with this Philly evening of fisticuffs on Friday.
“We’re thrilled that fight fans, promoters, corporate sponsors and the fighters themselves have such affection for FIGHTNIGHT LIVE as we head into Season III,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “Friday’s card is filled with Philly Warriors and 2300 Arena is always a hot venue, even as the weather turns cool. We look forward to some of our favorites like Brandon Robinson and Damon Allen Jr., and are excited to give undefeated Internet sensation Avril Mathie her first big boxing showcase.”
Friday’s main event will see super middleweight Robinson (13-2, 9 KOs) of Upper Darby, Pa., challenge upset-minded Martez McGregor (8-2, 6 KOs) of Maywood, Ill. Two Philly-Favorites will see action in separate six-round junior welterweight bouts as Naim Nelson (13-4, 1 KO) takes on Roy McGill (6-3, 3 KOs) of Harrisburg and Allen Jr. (15-1-1, 5 KOs) faces Dieumerci Nzau (11-9, 8 KOs) of Silver Spring, Md. Mathie (3-0, 2 KOs) meets veteran Karen Dulin (3-20-1, 1 KO) in a four round bantamweight battle, and locals like Rasheen Brown (4-0, 1 KO), James Martin (4-1) and Angel Rivera (4-1, 3 KOs) look to thrill in front of the hometown crowd.
Michael Woods will do blow by blow duties, with Marc Abrams providing analysis.
“This evenly-matched card leads off a doubleheader weekend for King’s Promotions, and we’re looking forward to competitive matchups to set the tone in Philadelphia. Robinson and McGregor should be a fantastic fight as everyone knows what Robinson brings to the table, and McGregor just fought a war with Cem Kilic who is ranked No. 5 in the world,” said Marshall Kauffman of King’s Promotions. “We are extremely excited to be working with FIGHTNIGHT LIVE and their team of professionals once again to showcase our fights and fighters.”
Now in its third season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 685 fighters and 19 promotions during 43 live event broadcasts from 21 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
· Since May 2017, the numbers on the 43-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series have shown promise and potential for the platform with an average of 191,199 views per event and more than 8.2 million total views for the franchise. From Sept. to Aug. 2019, 25 FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II shows reached more than 6.5 million fans and averaged more than 263,000 views.
· The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the June 2019 “CES Comeback at Foxwoods” (428,887), the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662), the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886), the Oct. 2018 “Hard Hitting Philly Special” (297,545), the May 2019 “Murphys Open MGM Springfield” (296,078), the Oct. 2018 hour-long Bareknuckle “Freeview” (292,253), the Aug. 2019 “Murphys Boxing Encore” (260,188), the Nov. 2018 “Titans In The Capital” (256,871) and the March 2019 Murphys Boxing “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” (252,065) all logged 250,000 or more views, and collectively the 43-show series has seen a total of more than 8,221,593 views across all devices.
· In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen exactly 490,000 collective live post engagements (more than 11,300 per show), including more than 375,000 “likes” or “loves,” almost 68,000 comments and more than 23,000 shares.
· The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views. The Sept. 2017 DiBella card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
· The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has more than 90,000 fans and more than 100,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
Additional FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Fall and Winter 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE is available online at: https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and @FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEvents or #LinacreMediaOnTV.
About Everlast Worldwide Inc.
The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer and licensor of boxing, MMA and fitness equipment. From legendary champions Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson to current superstars Deontay Wilder and Dustin Poirier, Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes. Built on a brand heritage of strength, dedication, individuality and authenticity, Everlast is a necessary part of the lives of countless champions. Based in Manhattan, Everlast’s products are sold across more than 75 countries and 6 continents. For more information, visit www.everlast.com.